Thursday, February 8, 2018

I'm back?

I was issued a challenge to reinstate my blog. A dear friend of mine who deals with disabilities of her own conveyed to me that she felt I could benefit from blogging and maybe someone out there could benefit from my endless rattling. Poor soul.

You see, since my last post I was diagnosed with yet another autoimmune disease. This brings my total up to 5. My current list is: Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, FSGS (That's Focal Segmental Glomeruloscerosis), PBC (Primary Biliary Sclerosis), Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Eosinophilic Cystitis. Since I last updated, it's also of note that I am still working full time, my son has grown exponentially, and I have adopted two bully breed dogs and most recently have entered a relationship with one of my biggest cheerleaders through my years of dealing with a defective body.

I get a lot of well-meaning sympathy from a lot of people. When they hear about my laundry list, their response is usually "I don't know how you do it" or simply "Damn". The bottom line to these diseases is I have them, they don't have me. I refuse to give them my spirit.  As for how I do it? I have no choice. I have a son that relies on me, and oddly enough, a bunch of people who look to me for guidance on how to deal with this ish. The latter always confuses me. I don't view myself as a motivational person, but whatever floats your boat. I speak pretty openly about all of it because I figure if my journey can help one person, it's worth it.

So... here goes nothing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment